CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Growing Crystals

It started with a trip to the library. Cody checked out a book about a little girl who grows sugar crystals for a science fair project. When we finished the book Cody says "I wish I could grow crystals!" Well, how fun is it that we CAN do that? (And we can call it school!)

So here is how this evening started out. Cody is here with all of our supplies.
Pouring the water.
Pouring some sugar.

Dad put the strings and sticks together.
Cody does some more stirring.
At this point, we couldn't take any more pictures for a while because the water was really too hot for Cody to pour, and it took both me and Thomas to color the water and pour it into the cups without spilling. I had originally intended to just have 4 glasses of water, but I forgot that adding so much sugar would make the water go further, so we added a couple more and tried some different color combinations.
Here is Cody with the finished glasses. It's supposed to take a week for these things to grow, so we'll let you know how they turn out!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun! now does he want to be a scientist?
Mama